Invest in Reliance Prime Debt Fund for Short Term Income
Reliance Mutual Fund is one of the mutual fund houses that have been successful in creating a place in the hearts of investors by bringing for them the investment products that have been carefully designed for the investors. Among many mutual fund schemes that it has launched one is a corporate bond fund named Reliance Prime Debt Fund which came on September 14th, 2000 as Reliance Medium Term Fund. This fund is currently managed by Ms. Anju Chhajer and Mr. Amit Tripathi who are looking after the asset allocation and making the investment strategies for the betterment of the investors.
The Investment Objective Behind Reliance Prime Debt Fund
This is an open-ended debt scheme that invests mainly in AA+ and above rated corporate bonds . It invests in instruments with different maturity periods so as to increase the income at the same time maintaining proper balance between liquidity, yield, and safety.
Investment Philosophy that Reliance Prime Debt Fund G Follows
- This fund is appropriate for investors who are willing to invest for the period of 6 to 12 months.
- It invests after conducting proper research and mainly invests in bonds with moderate duration lying between 1.1 years and 1.5 years.
- This fund seeks to invest in the corporate bonds to gain benefit and share the same with the investors.
Investment Details That Every Investors Should Know
- The net asset value of this scheme is Rs. 37.5545 as on October 29th, 2018.
- The minimum investment amount with which an investor may invest in this scheme is Rs. 1000.
- There is no entry or exit load which an investor investing in this scheme needs to incur.
Key Points About Asset Allocation
- The assets under management as on September 30th, 2018 are worth Rs. 4868 crores.
- 72.49% of the total assets have been invested in the AAA rated bonds followed by AA.
- The top five companies in which it has invested majorly are 7.55% PNB Housing Finance 2020, 8.5% Power Finance Corp. 2019, Shriram Transport Finance 2022, 8.8% Capital First 2020, and 8.56% REC 2019 with the percentage of assets allocated in them being 5.08, 4.61, 4.48, 4.45, and 4.41 as on September 30th, 2018.
Performance of Reliance Prime Debt Fund Growth
This scheme has been continuously performing well and below points prove the same.
- The one year returns generated by this scheme is 5.60 which is more than the returns rates of 3.62 and 3.60 provided by the benchmark VR Bond and the category.
- The three year returns generated by this scheme is 7.28% which is again better than the other two.
- The five year return rate provided by this scheme of Reliance Mutual Fund is 8.02% as on October 29th, 2018.
Risk Measures of Reliance Prime Debt Fund
The standard deviation of this scheme is 0.98 which is lower than both the benchmark and the category’s SD. The Beta of the scheme is 0.36 which is less than the category’s Beta of 0.85. These two factors state that this scheme is likely to fluctuate more in comparison to the other two.
The Sharpe ratio of the scheme is 0.71 which is much better than the ratio of both the benchmark and category which are -0.23 and 0.10. This shows that this scheme is likely to generate much better returns with the risk that it undertakes. All these risk measures are as on September 30th, 2018.
Who Should Invest in Reliance Prime Debt Fund?
- This scheme is apt for any investor who is willing to invest in a scheme by Reliance MF that invests in corporate bonds.
- Investors looking for a scheme for their portfolio to invest in to earn short-term income may do so.
- It should be noted that only the investors who are ready to take moderate risk on the principal amount should invest in it.
You may invest in Reliance Prime Debt Fund both through online as well as offline mode. To invest online, log in to lpl电竞(拉萨)在线下注可靠 , i.e., our platform and be ready to experience the simple time saving investment procedure. You may also invest in the other schemes by Reliance MF and may even use different calculators like mutual fund SIP calculator for your assistance if you are planning for an SIP investment in some schemes. In case you have any investment related issue feel free to consult the financial experts anytime.